Rukus Magazine ft. Carissa Rosario






While I was back in LA for a week, I had the chance to work with photographer Andrew Gates and the beautiful Carissa Rosario on a spread for this month's Rukus Magazine :)

It was funny as I had originally booked for a makeup trial with my model on Tuesday but she happened to have a music video shoot till 4 am in the morning so I told her we could push it back to Thurs~ and Andrew's regular makeup artist canceled last minute so it was super coincidental that we both had some free time to collaborate during my short trip to LA! (we had been talking over facebook and he had told me he wanted to work together if I was ever down in SoCal again! :)

Anyhow, Carissa is an absolute babe and superrr nice and cute ~ very funny as well ^__^

*go Vote for her as Maxim's Hometown Hotties: HERE*

It was going to be a maxim-sexy-glamor-style shoot so makeup wise I had designed an accented eye with full liner and glossy lips~Carissa was pretty easy going with her "look" except that she wanted a light lips without it being too pink. I had seen her previous photos from her photoshoots and I am NOT a huge fan of a pure black smokey look~ I guess it works sometimes but I almost always prefer to add different colors to give more dimension to the eyes, especially since Carissa was already a gorgeous girl with huge eyes!! A bit of eyeliner should already make her eyes pop~ plus we're doing a bikini shot here not night time club scene :P (Okay I admit I just prefer more natural looking looks) Anyhow she was happy with the look in the end which made me happy too :) It's always good when your talent feels pretty in the makeup so she can comfortably do her job of being sexy in front of the camera!

Hair wise, she had showed us her recent runway show where the hair stylist curled her hair with an 1'' iron all the way to the top~this free flowing curly, voluptuous hairstyle which she absolutely loved so I tried recreating it for her~~haha too bad half way it starts dying because her extensions have been rubbing around on the baby oiled body

After I had finished we headed out to downtown Burbank to shoot around some places with industrial looking backgrounds coz that's the RUKUS Style: hot girl in industrial playground lol


here's us going at it, Carissa was doing a great job despite all the random men honking at her and there was this creepy man who stared and waved at her from afar from under the bridge X_X he was on the phone staring the WHOLLEE time

*Models are SO brave* haha I could never do that. LOL


As per usual I had the wonderful job of oiling the talents up (hah! to which my Special f/x teacher had told me he wanted to be my assistant!!) It's all good when it's sexy hairless girls, sometimes my talents are hairy men ^_^|| haha It feels very interesting oiling carpets of hair haha~*

a few more behind the scene shots of us working from yours truly~





















Carissa all seductive in her 2nd outfit



candid shot hehe I think she looks cute here with her super happy smile ~




















the third bikini was my FAVE :) she looks SOOO hawt in that metallic red!! She said she had it customized at Turtle Beach :)
















yes we enjoy goofing around hehe ^_^














one last pic with Carissa and Nathan our Videographer for the day!




















:) Thank you Andrew for setting up the shoot ~ it was SO fun working with the team ^_^ don't forget to support Rukus Magazine if you like hot girls and fast cars LOL!

[peace]

1 comment: