Circle Lens

There has been some controversy as to the safety of wearing circle lens lately :

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/fashion/04lenses.html

It's definitely not a new concern in Asia since I've been sporting circle lens myself for over 5 years...

As a person who's been wearing her glasses since 1996 (wow. saying that just made me feel REALLY OLD)~ I do enjoy, at times, being able to look without my nerdy glasses ^_^

Since I only wear contacts on special occasions (i.e. when I wear makeup..which is. not often) I prefer NOT to purchase monthly/weekly contacts which I view as relatively wasteful for my usage and the brand that I've been stuck with for the past few years are the Johnson and Johnson Acuvue Define 1-day contacts. I love how they are relatively affordable (I get them in Taiwan for around $600-800 NTD (~$25 USD) for a pack of 30 contacts!

They come in individual packages like such:













and the contacts look like this:


































*There are different versions and I've tried both the black and the brown one but I prefer the black one because I like my eyes darker and I feel like the brown ones don't give as much effect as the black ones)*

Some people do not really like these because they're really "Natural looking" when you wear them. Most people cannot really tell that I wear circle lens since "Defines" are quite "transparent" compared to other circle lens like these:


















I feel like most other circle lenses are a bit more opaque in their coloring ~ and to me they just look a bit too obvious and even remind me a little of those Japanese horror eyes


as Per:


























LMAO okay maybe not quite but You get the gist HEHE

About 3 years ago I also tried these gray contacts from CibaVision (Again dailies)

and I'm not sure whether they were any bigger than my normal iris size but they were interesting~ but since my bro said I looked like a blind person X_X I only tried them once HAHAHA................ they look very different under sunlight and with flash I must say:





















As I am used to the Acuvue ones which are pretty breathable for their 3 layer design, the CibaVision ones did appear to dry out my eyes much faster and I had to take them out after a few hours because my eyes became quite uncomfortable.

Anyways, I've been told that the quality of lens out there DO vary lots (especially when you're buying online so I've just always stuck with the Acuvue ones that are sold in legit stores with my prescription and because when you are wearing any form of colored contacts, they are adding 2 additional layers of contacts (2 clear layers and one colored layer sandwiched in between) they are extra "un-breathable" for your eyes, if you MUST wear them, do try to take them off within 6- 8 hours if possible or else you do risk damaging your eyes like when you sleep with your contacts on~(as an optometrist has told me)

Anyways, keep your cornea safe and Happy eye-altering :)
[peace]

1 comment:

  1. i also have the accuvue define in black! and i also only wear them on special occasions

    ReplyDelete