Slow Burn Music Video

I guess I'm slightly restless and enjoy diversity ~so although I do enjoy doing makeup for photoshoots the most~ I am glad to take a break from the girls (brides/models) to work with my film boys once in a while. It's really interesting how most of the time on a film set most of the people working are men (with so many heavy equipments to carry etc, it's no wonder most gaffers, and grip people are men) I cannot imagine a petite framed girl carrying around those super heavy RED cameras...I mean sure, there are still small girls I see lugging around equipment on set and, I too, carry the occasional sandbag around to help them out during clean up~ but I generally come in contact with more guys on set than girls most of the time :)

This "doppleganger" music video has been an ongoing project for director Drew Sandoval :) and every time he calls me up to tell me that he's working on this project again I'm pretty happy as the crew is awesome to work with (super nice and relaxed boys) the song is great (I could listen to it all day long and STILL want to sing along with it hehe) and not to mention the craft service is OUT OF THIS WORLD (coz food is all that really matters right? LMAO)
*check out the brunch that was served on Sunday*

we had tomato cobble and grilled goods and fresh cherry tomato curry salad as well MMMMmm

soooOOOo delicious and all made from scratch by Melissa!

the first day she even brought us FATAPPLE Bakery's famous Cheesepuffs even our DP who doesn't really eat pastry or dairy had 2! (UNHEARD of!) HAHA

Anyhow, here are some behind the scenes photos I took this time while working with the boys~ we were out in the countryside at Fairfield ~ I saw walnuts in the tree and locusts for the first time! haha


We shot a few stunt scenes with Nick the first day ~ jumped onto the cushion mat and smeared his "make-up face" onto it hahaha! it was a perfect imprint of his face!!


I was in my puffy outfit the whole day coz we had a 7:30 call time and it was unusually chilly and foggy that day~~* but I kept it on even when it hit 80F hahaha everyone thought it was crazy hahaha

another stunt scene was done on Nick's broken trampoline haha the boys were jumping around and having fun but that thing was rather dangerous with quite a lot of the springs broken!




there goes Nick~~* FLYYYYYYying through the air~~



we had to do some green screen shots so Nick had to wear his the green screen outfit so all that would be left would be his "head" hahaha




it..was quite a funny look as the green screen outfit had been rather small hahaha
but he was the greenscreen hero nonetheless hehe :)

The early morning fog cleared up and it turned out to be a beautiful day in Fairfield :)




day 2 we hiked up to the hills where there were cow poo everywhere haha and locusts flew every step I made~ haha it was a pretty hot day and the boys stripped down if they could but poor Warren had to stay in his woolen suit the whole day while running up and down the hill too!


we also went to another location to do another jumping sequence hehe :)


we finally finished at about 8 pm~as the sun was about to set


Martini shot of the day and that's a WRAP!!!! me and Warren enjoying the golden glow from the beautiful sunset! <3 then we all got to enjoy some pizza and home made chicken salad with beetroot Mmmmm so good!

and since it was Director Drew's birthday that day ~ Melissa baked us some almond cake with marinated strawberries (OMG SO GOOD)

:) always stuffing myself on set aha
can't wait till another great day on set!

[peace]

No comments:

Post a Comment